Inheritance Act Claims
If you need guidance when it comes to knowing your rights about you and your former partner’s or families’ estate, speak with Hawkridge & Company Solicitors for help and advice.
Should you wish to make an inheritance claim due to the deceased failing to make a reasonable provision for you in their Will, our highly skilled solicitors will make an application on your behalf to the Court, so that an appropriate provision can be made.
To make an inheritance claim, you need to meet the criteria below:
- You’re the spouse or civil partner of the departed
- You’re the former spouse or civil partner of the departed, who did not remarry or enter another civil partnership
- You’ve been living with the departed for more than two years before their death
- You’re known as the departed’s child (including a foster child, stepchild or an adopted child)
- Adult children of the departed
- You’re dependent on the departed
Seeking an Inheritance claim can cause friction among family and friends, and so, we always recommend turning to legal advice, early on. At Hawkridge & Company Solicitors, we have guided countless clients through the inheritance claim process – which means we’re more than understanding when it comes to these delicate situations, all to ensure you receive a fair and reasonable outcome.
Contact us today to speak with our friendly and professional lawyers who work with clients across the Medway towns and the surrounding areas, including Gravesend and Sittingbourne.
We’re here for you, call our team today on:01634 854 381